Friday, October 19, 2007

timeless art....




silhouettes are classic and timeless. the black and white is so chic. i love these plates done by rabbit toes. i love when you mix silhouettes together in a wall arrangement....i love antique ones of men you have no idea who they are, thrown in with a childhood one of yourself (mine is above). my in-laws have beautiful ones of my father-in-law and his sister done and they are just priceless. silhouettes don't have to be limited to black and white. just last year, i had one done of our dog (yes, this was before we had a child)! it's great....the background is robin's egg blue and his silhouette is chocolate brown. i gave it to my husband for christmas. he must have loved it b/c its still in the tube that it came in....

2 comments:

Another Shade of Grey said...

Cute blog Shannon. Thanks for the email and the nice words. I will link you up. :)

Anonymous said...

I've just found your blog from ABThings, and I can see I'm gonna like it. About silouettes - I've put up the two I have of my kids done in the 1960s by their kindergarten teacher. They look wonderful on the wall with my other hangings, mostly fabric.