Friday, March 16, 2012

Door










i've got big expectations for today....front porch makeover b/c boy does she need some help!  i have had the rattan swing hanging up but it came down, when taylor was in it, and so i'm ready to retire her for a while.  my sweet neighbor gave me a chippendale bench and i'm about to take some clorox to it and some fun paint.  then i really want to repaint my front door- i'm thinking green, blue, or gray.  and i need to add ferns, plant plants in pots and bed, paint my ceiling blue, and update the light.  okay, so this might not all happen TODAY but hopefully i can start it....well, right after i finish babysitting....i've got a friend's little boys over in addition to mine.  i sent her this picture and said having 4 kids was a piece of cake (totally kidding, i would not be good w/ 4 kids but it's fun having them play).  in other news, i had a little girl time yesterday and got a mani/ pedi....loving the mint green nails...and i went bold neon pink for the toes!!  you should totally treat yourself :)  hope y'all have an amazing weekend.  wish me luck....the warning on the clorox bottle tells me to wear eye goggles, long pants, long sleeve shirt, hat, boots, and rubber gloves- what exactly am i using here??!!

*images courtesy of urban grace, cottage and vine, flourish design stylehigh street market, bhg, lucy williams interiors, me

18 comments:

Julie said...

I love that exterior house picture. Those colors are perfect on a little cottage like that.

Elizabeth said...

I love the color on your toes!! What is it??

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am cracking up at your "What I'm Thinking" I re-heat my coffee constantly in the morning hahaha...Anyhow, love these porches and I'm so with you, I have got to update mine =) Wishing you a lovely day...Xo ~Ashley

Lauren (The Cottage Mix) said...

Above all else, protect the manicure!! :)
Good luck with your to-do list, sometimes it would be nice to snap our fingers and have it all done for us. Have a great weekend!

Karena said...

Love it all Shannon. The nail polishes are perfect for Spring and I want the pillows in the last image!!

Please come and join my new Fashion Giveaway from Fresh Produce!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

My Notting Hill said...

Sounds like a plan! I love brightly colored doors.

p-l-a-i-d said...

Those lacquer green doors are amazing!

Jamie and Vashti said...

Love the green polish! I think you should do your door the exact color of green on the door in your post-beautiful!!

burlap and crystal said...

I'm crazy about front doors. They really tell the visitor what to expect. They either, never want to leave or send the message, please wait here while I bring you your item's, dinner etc. Also, love the toes, the children surrounding you and working my way to liking the nails... xoxo

http://www.burlapandcrystal.com/

burlap and crystal said...

BTW, I reheat my coffee 3 times every morning. I'm thinking maybe it's not normal?

http://www.burlapandcrystal.com/

Dina said...

I decided to get the Tervis mug and lid after drinking cold coffee for way too long....does the trick and keeps it hot until I'm finally not distracted and can enjoy it!

kristen said...

you are so cute. i just love reading your posts. loving the minty green nails. xoxo.

Anonymous said...

LOVELY:) I really like your blog so much nice inspiration..Du you wanna see some typical swedish outdoor pics check out my new post:)

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Porchlight Interiors said...

Good luck! I painted my front door Kelly Green and absolutely love it! Looking forward to seeing what you decide. Tracey xx

Ashley said...

Please share the polish & name of your mint green nails! Love them. Had a pedicure with mom this weekend.

Indian Jobs Guide said...

very nice images
Indian Jobs Guide

http://indianjobsguide.blogspot.com

Amarjeet Prasad said...

Sound good.

anti love quotes
cute love quotes for your boyfriend

Unknown said...

Can you tell me what color paint (and from where) is the exterior brick house painted, color for shutters, color for front door, color for trim??!! Please!!! :))